Syracuse's James Southerland cleared to play again
Southerland, third on the team in scoring at 13.6 points and still the team leader with 33 3-pointers, was declared out indefinitely prior to the Villanova game Jan. 12 because of an eligibility matter involving academics. He missed six games, and the Orange went 4-2 in his absence.
Southerland continued to practice with the team and attended home games, sitting on the bench in street clothes. He was in uniform and in the Orange's shootaround Sunday afternoon in the Carrier Dome prior to their game against St. John's.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Syracuse Orange Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt