Iowa St's Booker apologizes for obscene gesture
AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State senior Anthony Booker has apologized for making an obscene gesture during Saturday's win over West Virginia.
Booker was on the bench when he made the gesture toward the Mountaineers' student section shortly after being called for a flagrant foul.
Booker says in a statement released by the school that he got "caught up" in the emotions of a hard-fought game and lost his composure. Booker says he regrets putting the school and the basketball program in a poor light.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
- UNC hopes to set up meeting with McCants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Iowa State Cyclones Cardinal Tournament Basketball T-Shirt