Iowa State won't dispute charge call vs Ohio State
DAYTON, Ohio -- Iowa State's Will Clyburn won't dispute a late charge call in the Cyclones' 78-75 loss to Ohio State in the NCAA tournament.
Clyburn was called for a charge when he ran into Buckeyes point guard Aaron Craft near the basket with 1:41 to go Sunday. Replays showed Craft's right heel was at the semicircle restricting the area where players can take a charge.
It wasn't Iowa State's only problem. The Cyclones had a turnover and knocked the ball out of bounds trying for a rebound, giving Ohio State a chance for Craft's winning 3-pointer with a half-second left.
Clyburn couldn't tell where Craft was set up and wouldn't second-guess the call. The NCAA says the official decided Craft established position outside the semicircle. The play is not reviewable.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
- UNC hopes to set up meeting with McCants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Oklahoma State Cowboys Black #33 Replica Basketball Jersey