Campbell hires Richmond assistant as hoops coach
BUIES CREEK, N.C. -- Campbell has hired Richmond assistant Kevin McGeehan as its men's basketball coach.
The school announced McGeehan's hiring Thursday.
McGeehan spent the past eight years on Chris Mooney's staff at Richmond and was his associate head coach since 2008.
He helped the Spiders reach the NCAA tournament twice, and before that, the 39-year-old coached with Mooney at Air Force.
School President Jerry Wallace says he is "convinced his experience and success at (Richmond) has prepared him to lead our program to championship results."
McGeehan replaces Robbie Laing, who was fired last month after eight losing seasons in 10 years.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Richmond Spiders Blue Basketball T-Shirt