Arkansas F Hunter Mickelson transfers to Kansas
LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Sophomore forward Hunter Mickelson is transferring from Arkansas to Kansas, where he will sit out next season and have two years of eligibility remaining.
Mickelson was a target of the Jayhawks coming out of high school, but opted to play for the Razorbacks. The 6-foot-10 forward started 20 of the 31 games he played last season, averaging 5.5 points and 3.5 rebounds while leading the team with 39 blocks.
Kansas coach Bill Self said Friday that "the redshirt year will be great for him. It will give him the opportunity to get stronger, get confidence and get his game to the point where he can be a serious impact player for us the following year."
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Workers trying to save buckling UCLA court
- Giving back: Hill donates $1.25M to Duke
- Ex-PC starter Fortune heading to Colorado
- Mayo leaves Marquette, pursues pro career
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Kansas Jayhawks Blue On-Court Practice T-Shirt