Forward Aaric Murray leaves West Virginia
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia forward Aaric Murray has left the Mountaineers after one season.
Coach Bob Huggins announced Murray's departure Monday but didn't give a reason. He says it was a mutual agreement that it would be in Murray's best interest to finish his college career elsewhere.
The 6-foot-10 Murray averaged 8.8 points and 5.9 rebounds last season as a junior. He transferred to West Virginia from La Salle and sat out the 2011-12 season.
Murray is the fifth player to leave from last season's team.
The Mountaineers went 13-19 last season, the worst record in Huggins' 31 years as a head coach.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Butler's Etherington (foot) to miss 3-4 months
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden West Virginia Mountaineers Two-Tone Full-Size Basketball