Crossroads Classic will continue through 2016
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana's Crossroads Classic will be played through at least 2016.
The four schools said Monday that Purdue will face Butler on Dec. 19, 2015, with Indiana taking on Notre Dame in the other game. The Boilermakers and Fighting Irish will square off on Dec. 17, 2016, with Butler and Indiana meeting in the other game. All games will again be played at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The doubleheader has become one of the state's biggest regular-season basketball events with all four power conference schools participating -- longtime Big Ten members Indiana and Purdue, new ACC member Notre Dame and new Big East member Butler.
It's the second time the schools have announced a two-year extension since the tourney began in 2010.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Rice fires hoops coach Braun, sources say
- DePaul stuns Georgetown in Big East opener
- Auburn fires coach Barbee after 4 seasons
- American rocks Boston for Patriot title, berth
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Purdue Boilermakers Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt