UNC coach 'tired of talking' about PJ Hairston
GREENSBORO, N.C. -- North Carolina coach Roy Williams says he's "tired" of talking about suspended guard P.J. Hairston.
Williams spoke briefly to reporters after his round at the Wednesday pro-am at the Wyndham Championship.
When asked about Hairston's situation, he said he's "tired of reading about it, tired of talking about it" and declined to discuss it further.
Williams suspended Hairston from the team July 28 after receiving his third traffic citation of the summer.
That came after Williams said Hairston would face "serious consequences" following a prior arrest.
Hairston previously had been cited twice in a month's span while driving a rental vehicle linked to a convicted felon.
He averaged a team-leading 14.6 points for the Tar Heels last season and returned for his junior season instead of entering the NBA draft.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker shines as Duke picks apart UCLA
- No. 1 Arizona routs Southern to reach 12-0
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jordan Men's North Carolina Tar Heels Michael Jordan #23 Carolina Blue All-Star Replica Basketball T-Shirt