Georgia Tech's Bolden given 3-game suspension
ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech guard Chris Bolden has been suspended for the first three games of the season for an undisclosed violation of team rules.
Coach Brian Gregory announced Friday that Bolden, a sophomore, will miss three games, including the Nov. 8 opener against Presbyterian. Also included in the suspension is a game at Georgia on Nov. 15 and an exhibition game before the season.
Bolden averaged 7.3 points in 31 games as a freshman last season. He is one of four returning starters for the Yellow Jackets.
Gregory says "there has to be accountability" when "certain standards" are not met by players.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker shines as Duke picks apart UCLA
- No. 1 Arizona routs Southern to reach 12-0
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Two-Tone Full-Size Basketball