Peters cleared to play this season for Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. -- The NCAA has approached a waiver request for Arizona forward Zach Peters, clearing the way for the Kansas transfer to play for the Wildcats this season.
Peters, a 6-foot-10 power forward, left Kansas after the 2012 fall semester due to concussion issues. He never played for the Jayhawks and will have four years of eligibility at Arizona.
Peters has been working out with his new teammates since arriving in Tucson this summer, but has not been cleared for full contact drills.
The addition of Peters will give the Wildcats added depth on a front line that lost two key players from last season and a good perimeter shooter.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- Randle-led Stanford upsets No. 10 UConn
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
- Laettner's jersey from 'The Shot' at auction
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arizona Wildcats #13 Navy Elite Replica Basketball Jersey