Texas PG Felix has hip surgery
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas sophomore point guard Javan Felix has undergone surgery on his left hip and is not practicing with the team.
Athletic trainer Eric Fry did not disclose the nature of the injury or when it happened. Fry said Wednesday that Felix had surgery on Oct. 1 and is expected to make a full recovery. He said there was no specific timetable for Felix's return.
Felix started 23 games for Texas last season, and averaged 6.8 points and had 139 assists.
Texas starts the season Nov. 8 against Mercer.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UConn agrees to play Arizona, Ohio State
- Beavers' Baker in ICU; required defibrillator
- Lawsuit: Tulsa failed to protect woman from player
- Blue Jays oppose Creighton's trademark bid
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns Grey Basketball Pullover Performance Hoodie