Harris' 21 points lead Mich St over Indiana, Pa
EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Gary Harris had 21 points in 21 minutes and his teammates shared the basketball as No. 2 Michigan State beat Indiana, Pa. 83-45 in an exhibition game Monday night.
Harris, the 2013 Big Ten Freshman of the Year, made five 3-pointers. His team's unselfishness showed with 24 assists on 30 baskets, led by Keith Appling's 11.
Branden Dawson added 10 points for the fast-breaking Spartans, who had a 48-30 rebound advantage and played solid defense.
It was the Spartans final tuneup before Friday's opener with McNeese State and a Nov. 12 matchup with Kentucky in the Champions Classic in Chicago.
Marcel Souberbielle had 12 points to pace IUP. The Crimson Hawks are ranked 14th in the nation in Division II after going 26-6 last season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Selection committee to monitor Embiid injury
- UNC Wilmington fires Peterson after 4 seasons
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Michigan State Spartans #14 Green Elite Replica Basketball Jersey