Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill entering NFL draft
ATLANTA -- Stephen Hill says he is bypassing his senior season at Georgia Tech to enter the NFL draft.
Hill caught 28 passes for 820 yards, including five for touchdowns, this season. He led FBS players and set a school record with his average of 29.3 yards per catch.
Hill said Thursday he is "ready to move forward and work on getting better."
The 6-foot-5, 200-pound Hill had 49 catches for 1,248 yards in three seasons in Georgia Tech's run-first option offense.
Hill's average of almost 30 yards per catch broke the record of 25.1 set by Demaryius Thomas, now with the Denver Broncos, in 2009.
Hill has not hired an agent.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Two vie for A&M QB job as Joeckel to transfer
- Kentucky QB battle heats up as Whitlow exits
- Mankato players refuse to practice for old coach
- More trouble: 3 Texas A&M players arrested
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Youth-Sized Hail Mary Rubber Football