Bowling Green 48, Rhode Island 8
Samuel ran for 127 yards on 17 carries for the Falcons (2-3), including touchdown runs of 7 and 31 yards in the first half. He added a 6-yard scoring run in the third quarter. Schilz was 20-of-27 passing for 281 yards, and threw a 15-yard touchdown to Chris Gallon in the second quarter and a 19-yarder to Herve Coby to seal the scoring in the fourth.
BooBoo Gates opened the scoring with an 80-yard punt return for a score a little more than three minutes into the game and Bowling Green never looked back.
Robbie Delgado scored on a 2-yard run that pulled the Rams (0-4) within 20-8 midway through the second quarter, but the Falcons rolled off four unanswered touchdowns from then on.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Auburn's Marshall cited for having marijuana
- Winston: FSU degree 'very important to me'
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Bowling Green Falcons Orange Football T-Shirt