Louisiana-Lafayette 48, FIU 20
LAFAYETTE, La. -- Terrance Broadway threw for a touchdown and ran for two more to help Louisiana-Lafayette beat Florida International 48-20 Saturday night.
Louisiana Lafayette (3-1, 2-0 Sun Belt Conference) jumped out to a 24-0 lead. Backup quarterback Blaine Gautier was responsible for the first two scores, a 3-yard touchdown run and a 2-yard touchdown pass to Jacob Maxwell. Gautier finished 6-for-11 with 86 yards passing.
Broadway's 4-yard touchdown run with 42 seconds left in the second quarter helped the Ragin' Cajuns build a 31-14 halftime lead. Broadway finished 15 of 19 for 228 yards passing, and added 27 yards rushing on six carries.
Broadway added to the lead on the first possession of the second half, finding Harry Peoples for a huge 78-yard touchdown, increasing the lead to 38-14 and ending any hope for the Golden Bears (1-4, 0-1). Peoples led all receivers with 10 catches for 150 yards.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- NCAA enforcement head defends investigators
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns 2014 Football Schedule Red T-Shirt