Louisiana-Monroe 31, Middle Tennessee 17
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. -- Jyruss Edwards rushed for two touchdowns, Kolton Browning threw for 285 yards and one score and Louisiana-Monroe controlled time of possession to defeat Middle Tennessee 31-17 in the Warhawks' Sun Belt Conference opener.
Louisiana-Monroe (3-2, 1-0) had the ball nearly 40 minutes while rolling up 500 yards total offense compared to 307 for the Blue Raiders (3-2, 1-1). Middle Tennessee, which trailed 24-3 early in the third quarter, had just 69 yards on the ground.
After Benny Cunningham scored his second Blue Raiders TD in the first minute of the fourth quarter, Middle Tennessee got the ball back with 11:06 remaining.
Kilgore passed for 238 yards, and Carlos Lopez kicked a career-long 44-yard field goal for Middle Tennessee.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks 2014 Football Schedule Maroon T-Shirt