Ohio 34, Akron 28
ATHENS, Ohio -- Tyler Tettleton threw two touchdown passes, caught one and rushed for 65 yards in a record-setting day, as Ohio beat Akron 34-28 Saturday to open a season with seven wins for the first time since 1968.
Tettleton, who came in tied for the all-time lead in touchdown passes for Ohio (7-0, 3-0 Mid-American Conference) with 38, opened the scoring on the receiving end of a 39-yard pass from Landon Smith just over three minutes in. Tettleton then threw a 13-yarder to Donte Foster to set the TD pass milestone and put the Bobcats up 14-0.
Dalton Williams threw for 298 yards with four TDs and two interceptions for Akron (1-6, 0-3).
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
- Giving back: Beadles donates $750K to Utes
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Akron Zips Navy Sideline Razor T-Shirt