S. Illinois 34, N. Iowa 31
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Austin Johnson kicked a 24-yard field goal with 59 seconds to play and Southern Illinois rallied to beat Northern Iowa 34-31 on Saturday.
The Salukis (4-3, 3-1 MVC) trailed 21-6 in the second quarter when Kenn Boatright blocked a UNI punt and recovered it in the end zone for a touchdown. The Panthers (1-5, 0-3) were driving for a touchdown late in the half when SIU's Bryan Presume picked up the ball at the goal line and ran 100 yards for a touchdown. A 2-point conversion tied it at 21.
David Johnson ran for 118 yards and two touchdowns for the Panthers. Faulkner ran for a 49-yard touchdown for SIU.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Southern Illinois Salukis Maroon Football Tech Performance T-Shirt