Baldwin Wallace teams will skip postseason play
BEREA, Ohio -- Baldwin Wallace says its athletic teams will skip postseason play this academic year as it investigates mistakes in awarding financial aid for student-athletes.
The Division III school in suburban Cleveland said Tuesday that it notified the NCAA that the Yellow Jackets are withdrawing from consideration for postseason play. It says it will investigate mistakes in the application of NCAA regulations regarding aid to student-athletes.
In a release, President Dr. Robert C. Helmer says the decision to give up any postseason play was a difficult one.
Baldwin Wallace competes in the Ohio Athletic Conference.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Signature Series Full-Size Football