Baldwin Wallace teams will skip postseason play
BEREA, Ohio -- Baldwin Wallace says its athletic teams will skip postseason play this academic year as it investigates mistakes in awarding financial aid for student-athletes.
The Division III school in suburban Cleveland said Tuesday that it notified the NCAA that the Yellow Jackets are withdrawing from consideration for postseason play. It says it will investigate mistakes in the application of NCAA regulations regarding aid to student-athletes.
In a release, President Dr. Robert C. Helmer says the decision to give up any postseason play was a difficult one.
Baldwin Wallace competes in the Ohio Athletic Conference.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns dismiss 2 for violating team rules
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 8" Softee Football