Rutgers CB Logan Ryan to enter NFL draft
PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- Rutgers cornerback Logan Ryan will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft.
The junior made the announcement Monday at a campus news conference.
Ryan was a two-time all-Big East selection and is the fifth Rutgers player since 2008 to leave school early and enter the NFL draft, joining Ray Rice, Kenny Britt, Anthony Davis and Mohamed Sanu.
Ryan finished second on the Scarlet Knights with 94 tackles this season and was a semifinalists for the Jim Thorpe Award, given to the top defensive back in the nation. He is the only player this season with at least 90 tackles, four interceptions and 18 passes defended.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas AD: Union push 'smells' of attorneys
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Source: Joeckel to transfer from A&M to TCU
- Mankato players to play for reinstated coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Rutgers Scarlet Knights Coaches Performance Scarlet Polo