Auburn RB Blakely leaves team, school
AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn running back Mike Blakely has left the team and an already thin backfield.
Athletics spokesman Kirk Sampson said Wednesday Blakely is no longer enrolled. Blakely initially signed with Florida but transferred a few months later and sat out the 2011 season.
He played in six games for the Tigers and was third on the team with 153 yards on 33 carries.
Junior college transfer Cameron Artis-Payne has signed to play for Auburn, which is expected to sign at least one more back on national signing day, next Wednesday.
The Tigers averaged just 148 rushing yards after Mike Dyer left the team and signee Jovon Robinson was declared ineligible.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Women's Auburn Tigers Orange Charged Cotton V-Neck T-Shirt