Erickson vows to bring up-tempo style to Utah
SALT LAKE CITY -- Dennis Erickson won two national titles at Miami yet says his marching orders now as Utah co-offensive coordinator are simple: score touchdowns.
The 65-year-old Erickson said he intends to implement the up-tempo offense that is trending in the Pac-12 Conference.
Erickson was introduced at a news conference Wednesday.
Two weeks removed from hip-replacement surgery, Erickson has no desire to be a head coach again but looks forward to helping Utah get to the next level.
Erickson still has plenty of ties to Miami but called the West his home after serving as head coach at three Pac-12 schools. He was fired by Arizona State in 2011.
Asked if there is extra motivation playing the Sun Devils on Nov. 9, Erickson quipped, "Do I have to tell the truth?"
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- UConn hires ND coordinator Diaco as coach
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Bama kicker given letter of support by Bush
- Texas Tech QB Mayfield will seek transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arizona State Sun Devils Practice Legend Authentic Font Maroon Performance T-Shirt