Auburn dismisses defensive lineman Sigler
AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn has dismissed defensive tackle Devaunte Sigler for violating undisclosed team rules.
Tigers coach Gus Malzahn announced the decision in a statement Friday. He says "we have high standards for our players" and that "they will represent the team and Auburn the right way."
Sigler was a junior who played in 18 games in his career with 12 tackles. He played in five games last season and had two stops.
Sigler played a bigger role in 2011 when he appeared in all 13 games and had 10 tackles and a sack.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Auburn Tigers Orange Football Armour Fleece Storm Performance Hoodie