Kentucky S Lowery injured in Georgia car wreck
Kentucky safety Ashely Lowery is hospitalized in Georgia with injuries suffered in a car accident Friday night.
Wildcats athletic department spokesman Tony Neely confirmed that Lowery is being treated in a hospital but said the school was still gathering details about the accident, where he is hospitalized and his condition.
Lowery played in eight games as a sophomore last season, all starts, and ranked fifth on the team with 43 tackles. He had a career-best nine stops against Vanderbilt and recorded his first career interception that was returned for 21 yards.
Several Kentucky players have tweeted comments asking for prayers for Lowery.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Top QB commit: No 'Johnny Football' pressure
- Cops: Miami LBs admit to sex assault of teen
- USC's Bigelow out for season with torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kentucky Wildcats #11 Blue Football Game Jersey