Illinois makes Lunt transfer official
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Illinois coach Tim Beckman says quarterback Wes Lunt's transfer from Oklahoma State is official.
Beckman said Tuesday that the sophomore-to-be signed paperwork to transfer to Illinois. Lunt held a news conference in his hometown, Rochester, to announce his plans to join the Illini.
The quarterback started five games as a freshman for the Cowboys. But injury knocked him out of the lineup and he announced plans to leave Oklahoma State after the season. Lunt will have to sit out 2013 under NCAA transfer rules.
He's a 6-4, strong-armed pocket passer and considered an upgrade for the Illini. He threw for more than 7,000 yards while leading Rochester to two state titles.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- TCU 'separated' from star DE after gun claim
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Oklahoma State Cowboys Replica Football