Kentucky dismisses Thomas brothers from team
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky has dismissed sophomore linebacker Kadeem "Pancho" Thomas and younger brother Khalid, a freshman running back, for violation of team rules.
Wildcats athletic department spokesman Tony Neely confirmed the players' dismissals Thursday but did not specify what rules were broken.
The elder Thomas had 12 tackles in 10 games last season backing up senior middle linebacker Avery Williamson while participating on special teams. Khalid Thomas was signed by Kentucky after leading Godby High School (Tallahassee, Fla.) to the state AAAAA championship last season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Alabama's Reed arrested, charged with DUI
- Auburn's Marshall cited for having marijuana
- Winston: FSU degree 'very important to me'
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Kentucky Wildcats Replica Football