Stanford sells out of season tickets for 1st time
STANFORD, Calif. -- Stanford football has sold out of season tickets for the first time in school history.
Riding momentum from winning the Pac-12 Conference and Rose Bowl last season, Stanford announced Tuesday that it capped season tickets at a record 33,000 sold. The number of tickets taken rises to 38,000 when including the student section at 50,000-seat Stanford Stadium.
The school says a limited number of individual game tickets will go on sale Aug. 1.
The Cardinal beat Wisconsin 20-14 on Jan. 1 for the school's first Rose Bowl victory since 1972. Stanford is 24-2 at home over the last four seasons.
The Cardinal open this season at home against San Jose State on Sept. 7.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Bound Pique Xtra-Lite Cardinal Polo