Texas QB Brewer transferring to Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. -- Former Texas quarterback Connor Brewer is headed to Arizona.
Brewer announced on Twitter Monday night that he is transferring from Texas to Arizona. He will be eligible in 2014.
Brewer was one of the nation's highest-rated quarterbacks in 2012 after leading Chaparral High School in Scottsdale, Ariz., to three straight state titles and tossing a state-record 100 touchdown passes. He had offers from numerous programs, including Alabama, USC and Notre Dame, before deciding to play at Texas.
Brewer was a redshirt freshman for the Longhorns last season before deciding to transfer.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Riddell Texas Longhorns Speed Revolution Authentic Full-Size Football Helmet