Arkansas DT Thomas out for season with broken leg
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema says defensive tackle Robert Thomas will miss the remainder of the season after breaking his left leg in a loss to South Carolina.
Bielema says Thomas had surgery Sunday night on his broken left leg, which he injured during the second half of last week's 52-7 loss to the Gamecocks.
The senior is expected to need three to four months to recover, which effectively ends his playing career with the Razorbacks (3-4, 0-3 Southeastern Conference).
Thomas, from Muskogee, Okla., has 31 tackles and 3.5 sacks this season -- including six tackles for lost yardage. He is in his third season with the Razorbacks after one season in junior college.
Arkansas, which has lost four straight games, travels to face No. 1 Alabama (6-0, 3-0) on Saturday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
- Stanford WR Montgomery rehabbing shoulder
- OU RB banned from team amid investigation
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Arkansas Razorbacks 2014 Football Schedule Cardinal T-Shirt