Vandy coach says senior QB was at practice early
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Vanderbilt coach James Franklin says he hasn't made a decision yet on a starting quarterback Saturday against No. 14 Texas A&M.
Carta-Samuels hurt his left leg in the second quarter of last week's win over then-No. 15 Georgia and watched the second half using crutches.
Franklin says they have an experienced quarterback who's played a lot of games at Vanderbilt (4-3, 1-3 Southeastern Conference) wants to give him every opportunity to play. Franklin says he's not trying to avoid questions but just doesn't have information at this point.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
- Ex-BC player charged in homeless man attack
- Carter latest TCU player arrested for drugs
- Swinney: We welcome players of all faith
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Black #15 Football Game Jersey