Broncos' win over Chiefs draws big TV ratings
NEW YORK -- The Broncos' win over the previously undefeated Chiefs drew the largest television audience for a prime-time November game in 17 years.
Denver's 27-17 victory averaged 26.9 million viewers Sunday on NBC. The network said Tuesday that was up 48 percent from last season's Week 11 "Sunday Night Football" game between Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
It was the most for a November prime-time NFL game since 31.5 million people watched the defending Super Bowl champion Cowboys beat Brett Favre and the Packers on "Monday Night Football" on ABC in 1996, when the population was smaller.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- 49ers' Smith: 'Best shape' ever entering camp
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
- Source: Pack's Nelson wants $10M per year
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Kansas City Chiefs Pique Xtra-Lite Black Polo