Broncos' win over Chiefs draws big TV ratings
NEW YORK -- The Broncos' win over the previously undefeated Chiefs drew the largest television audience for a prime-time November game in 17 years.
Denver's 27-17 victory averaged 26.9 million viewers Sunday on NBC. The network said Tuesday that was up 48 percent from last season's Week 11 "Sunday Night Football" game between Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
It was the most for a November prime-time NFL game since 31.5 million people watched the defending Super Bowl champion Cowboys beat Brett Favre and the Packers on "Monday Night Football" on ABC in 1996, when the population was smaller.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Agent: Peppers joins Packers on 3-year deal
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Kansas City Chiefs Breast Cancer Awareness 39Thirty Flex Fitted Hat