Giants waive PK Mike Hollis, get S Jack Brewer
Hollis, who signed a five-year, $4 million contract a year ago, never kicked for the Giants in a regular-season game. He hurt his back in training camp and spent last season on injured reserve.
The move means Matt Bryant, the free agent who has been the Giants' placekicker the past two years, will head to training camp on top of their depth chart.
Brewer is entering his third NFL season. In two years with the Vikings, he played in 21 games with one start.
Brewer appeared in six games last season before going on injured reserve with a torn pectoral muscle.
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- 49ers' Smith won't face felony in airport case
- Sherman: 'Dollars' best way to show respect
- Source: Panthers pick up Newton's option
- Kosar: Concussions cost me broadcasting job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Riddell New York Giants Revolution Speed Mini Helmet