Browns' WR Massaquoi has cast removed from leg
Massaquoi was in a walking boot Wednesday. He arrived at training camp in a foot-to-knee cast, and the Browns have been reluctant to discuss his injury. Browns coach Pat Shurmur said earlier this week that the third-year wide receiver has a bone injury. Shurmur said it's possible Massaquoi, who caught 36 passes last season, could practice next week.
Also, defensive end Jayme Mitchell was kept out practice with what Shurmur described as a sore knee.
Running back Montario Hardesty again worked on the side with trainers as he continues his comeback from knee surgery. Hardesty has yet to practice with the Browns this summer.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chiefs sign Charles to contract extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Cleveland Browns Elite Polo