Giants WR Hakeem Nicks out for Eagles game
The team announced Saturday that Nicks will miss the contest because of a knee problem and will not make the trip to Philadelphia. He previously missed a Sept. 19 win over Carolina with a sore foot.
Coach Tom Coughlin has said Nicks developed swelling in his left knee after working out Thursday. It was his only expected practice for the game.
Nicks banged his knee making a catch against Tampa Bay.
The Giants will likely start either Domenik Hixon or Ramses Barden. Hixon missed the Carolina game with a concussion, but is probable this week. Barden picked up the start against Carolina and had career bests of nine catches and 138 yards.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL or Michigan? Harbaugh said to be torn
- Cowboys list Murray (hand) as questionable
- Slip of the tongue: Obama shouts out Flacco
- Rivera 'confident' Newton will start Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Hakeem Nicks Wall Graphic