Brees throws TD in 47th straight, tying Unitas
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Drew Brees has thrown a touchdown pass in his 47th consecutive regular-season game, tying the NFL mark set by Johnny Unitas.
The New Orleans Saints quarterback found Marques Colston for a 20-yard touchdown with 3:33 left in the first quarter of Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers, allowing the Saints to tie the score.
Packers fans, already sensitive about refereeing calls after Monday night's replacement official debacle in Seattle, booed the regular officials after they thought Colston should have been flagged for offensive pass interference on the play.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Agent: Peppers joins Packers on 3-year deal
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey New Orleans Saints Drew Brees #9