AP Pro32 ballot from Brown
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clifton Brown of Sporting News:
CLIFTON BROWN (Sporting News)
1. Houston Texans -- J. J. Watt has been the league's best defensive player, and Texans have been league's best team.
2. San Francisco 49ers -- That was a dominant defensive performance against Jets, and now the 49ers have a three-game home stand.
3. New England Patriots -- People can stop asking what's wrong with them. Running game gives them more offensive balance.
4. Chicago Bears -- The Bears, not the Cowboys, were the more talented team on the field Monday night.
6. Green Bay Packers -- A close victory over the Saints could be the spark that gets the Packers rolling.
10. San Diego Chargers -- Winning games they are supposed to, which is a good sign for their playoff hopes.
14. Cincinnati Bengals -- Have quietly put together three-game winning streak with consistent play.
18. Detroit Lions -- Forget about last season. Lions just aren't the same team.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Close losses have been frustrating. Still learning how to win.
27. Kansas City Chiefs -- They have given up at least 35 points in three of their four games.
29. Cleveland Browns -- This team could use a victory for morale, but still playing tough.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Offensive issues continue to haunt this team.
31. Indianapolis Colts -- Illness of coach Chuck Pagano is unexpected challenge for this team.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part