AP Pro32 ballot from Pompei
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Dan Pompei of Chicago Tribune:
DAN POMPEI (Chicago Tribune)
1. Arizona Cardinals -- They have won eight in a row at home. Even if a lot of the wins have been ugly, they still count.
2. Atlanta Falcons -- Successful teams always catch breaks. The Falcons caught one Sunday, and then they showed they could capitalize.
3. Houston Texans -- They might be the most complete team in the league, as they can beat an opponent any way you can think of.
4. Baltimore Ravens -- They should be well-rested and more dangerous than before when they play the Chiefs.
5. San Francisco 49ers -- Now they get three straight at home and could be 7-1 at the midway point.
6. Philadelphia Eagles -- In a pass happy league, there is something to be said for the team that might have the best pass defense.
8. New England Patriots -- Even when they don't have all hands on deck, this team still can flex its offensive muscle with anyone.
9. Chicago Bears -- The Bears finally have a really impressive win; now they need to string a few together.
11. San Diego Chargers -- The Chargers keep winning the ones they are supposed to win.
12. Cincinnati Bengals -- Three straight wins has the Bengals trending up. We'll see if the trend continues against the Dolphins.
15. Dallas Cowboys -- They are a little nicked up on defense, but they also are completely out of sync on offense.
16. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Most teams don't like an early bye, but it looks like it came at a good time for the Steelers.
17. Seattle Seahawks -- The Seahawks are starting to look like one of the most inconsistent teams in the league: capable of winning the ones they aren't supposed to win, and capable of losing the ones they are supposed to win.
18. Washington Redskins -- With RGIII, they rank 17th; without him, they'd rank 117th.
19. Detroit Lions -- If there is a way to lose, the Lions apparently will find it. This is one of the NFL's most enigmatic teams.
20. Buffalo Bills -- If Mario Williams doesn't start picking it up, there are going to be a lot of 2013 free agents who suffer because so far, Williams has been an argument against spending big money.
21. New York Jets -- It may not be Tebow time yet, but it will be soon if the Jets continue down the path they are on.
22. St. Louis Rams -- If they go as far as Greg "The Leg" Zuerlein takes them, they will go pretty far.
25. Carolina Panthers -- They can make a great statement if they can bounce back from their crushing loss to the Falcons.
27. Oakland Raiders -- Unless they figure out how to contain a premier quarterback, they have no chance.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Their offense is a train wreck and their defense is struggling. Other than that, the Jags are OK.
30. Indianapolis Colts -- Maybe they can win one for Chuck Pagano this week.
31. New Orleans Saints -- You might argue they deserve some credit for almost beating the Packers, but the Saints need to show they win before they get any credit.
32. Cleveland Browns -- They keep getting close. Too bad this isn't horseshoes.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
- Manning Invests In Broncos
- 2015 contract