AP Pro32 ballot from Gosselin
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Rick Gosselin of Dallas Morning News:
RICK GOSSELIN (Dallas Morning News)
1. Houston Texans -- The Texans don't beat themselves. They are 4-0 and have turned the ball over just twice.
3. Baltimore Ravens -- How's this for role reversal -- the offense is carrying the Ravens defense. Baltimore ranks second in offense, 23rd in defense.
4. San Francisco 49ers -- The 3-1 49ers play their next three games at home, starting Sunday with Buffalo.
5. Arizona Cardinals -- If the NFL conducted its coach of the year balloting at the end of September, Ken Whisenhunt would be the slam-dunk choice.
6. Chicago Bears -- The Bears lead the NFL with 14 takeaways.
7. San Diego Chargers -- The Chargers are once again emerging as the team to beat in the AFC West.
8. Green Bay Packers -- The Packers begin a rare three-game road trip this weekend at Indianapolis. Only two teams were assigned such trips in 2012, the Packers and Texans.
9. Philadelphia Eagles -- The Eagles visit the Steelers this weekend -- one of seven interconference games on the schedule. The NFC holds an 8-4 edge in those games to this point.
10. Cincinnati Bengals -- The Bengals lead the NFL with 17 sacks.
12. Minnesota Vikings -- The Vikings are playing defense again -- and winning again.
14. Denver Broncos -- Like old times this weekend -- Manning versus Brady. Except that Manning will be wearing orange.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers -- The Steelers return from their bye this weekend. They are 14-9 all-time after byes.
20. Seattle Seahawks -- The Seahawks have the worst passing offense in a pass-happy league.
21. New York Jets -- The Jets became the first home team to get shut out since the Raiders in the seventh weekend of the 2011 season.
23. Detroit Lions -- The Lions have a much needed bye. That will give them time to work on special teams, which have allowed four kick returns for touchdowns in the last two games.
26. New Orleans Saints -- How soon before Saints fans start putting the bags back over their heads?
27. Jacksonville Jaguars -- The Jaguars have the worst passing offense in the AFC and the worst offense in the NFL.
28. Indianapolis Colts -- The Colts return from their bye this weekend. They are 13-10 all-time after byes.
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- The Buccaneers are reeling along with a three-game losing streak.
30. Miami Dolphins -- The Dolphins were criticized for reaching for QB Ryan Tannehill with the eighth overall pick of the 2012 draft. There is silence now after his 431-yard passing performance against the Cardinals.
31. Tennessee Titans -- Three turnovers by Tennessee quarterbacks have been returned for touchdowns. It's tough to win when you're asking your offense to tackle.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Report: Browner rejects deal to reduce ban
- Disappointing Texans fire coach Kubiak
- Fox to coach from sideline against Titans
- Packers rule Rodgers out against Falcons