Bills DT Williams fined by NFL for roughing Brady
Williams revealed on Wednesday that he had been fined for a play that happened in the third quarter of a 52-28 loss to the Patriots on Sunday. Williams was flagged after he was knocked to the turf and his arm caught the back of Brady's leg.
Brady still completed a 19-yard pass to Wes Welker. The penalty gave the Patriots the ball at the Bills 6, and Brady scored two plays later to tie the game at 21.
Williams intends to appeal the fine, questioning what he did wrong when attempting to make a tackle while Brady still had the ball.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Rams coach: Sam 'absolutely not' distraction
- Belichick: Gronkowski cleared by doctors
- Colts' Wayne comes in IndyCar; 'ready to go'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Jr. Tom Brady Wall Graphic