Rams Amendola out after diving attempt
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams receiver Danny Amendola injured his right shoulder on a diving attempt at a catch in the second quarter against Arizona on Thursday night. Just after halftime, the team said his return was doubtful, and then just a few minutes later ruled him out for the rest of the game.
A TV camera caught Amendola flinging his helmet into a wall with his left hand while walking in a tunnel, likely en route to an X-ray machine.
Amendola missed virtually all of last season after dislocating his left elbow in the opener.
Amendola had a 44-yard reception on the Rams' first drive, setting up a TD pass from Sam Bradford to Lance Kendricks. Amendola entered the game with 31 receptions, second in the NFL, with two TDs and an 11.3-yard average.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Bears to start Clausen over Cutler
- 49ers release McDonald amid investigation
- 49ers' Harbaugh 'considering' Michigan job
- Rivera: NFC South champ worthy of playoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey St. Louis Rams Sam Bradford #8 - Extended Sizes