Steelers, WR Sanders fined for faking injury
Sanders was fined $15,000 and the organization $35,000. Sanders grabbed the back of his leg and collapsed to the ground during the fourth quarter of Pittsburgh's 24-17 win.
NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson handed out the discipline after meeting with Sanders last week.
Sanders initially played coy in public comments about the incident, but in recent weeks has said the matter was being handled internally.
Online: http://bigstory.ap.org/NFL-Pro32 and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- 49ers' Smith won't face felony in airport case
- Sherman: 'Dollars' best way to show respect
- Source: Panthers pick up Newton's option
- Kosar: Concussions cost me broadcasting job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Rocky Bleier Wall Graphic