Bengals add DT Pat Sims to active roster
CINCINNATI -- The Bengals added defensive tackle Pat Sims to the 53-man roster on Friday, adding depth to a defensive line that has struggled to get pressure on the quarterback lately.
Sims missed training camp and the first eight games because of a hamstring injury. He'd been on the physically unable to perform list. Sims has started 23 games in his five-year career with the Bengals.
Cincinnati waived linebacker Roddrick Muckelroy to open a roster spot. Muckelroy, in his third season, played in five games this year and had one tackle on special teams.
The Bengals (3-5) have lost four in a row heading into their game Sunday against the New York Giants (6-3) at Paul Brown Stadium.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead New York Giants Season Pack Wall Graphic