AP Pro32 ballot from Kaufman
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Ira Kaufman of Tampa Tribune:
IRA KAUFMAN (Tampa Tribune)
1. Houston Texans -- They can beat you in a Texas shootout or a muddy defensive struggle. Choose your weapons.
2. Atlanta Falcons -- They weren't good enough to run the table, but they're good enough to represent the NFC.
4. San Francisco 49ers -- Two stellar defenses match up Monday night when the Bears visit Candlestick Park.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Don't let Monday night's lapse against KC fool you -- they'll be ready for the Ravens.
6. Green Bay Packers -- Bet the over in Motown because the Packers and Lions aren't exactly known for stout defense.
7. Denver Broncos -- A brutal early schedule has leveled off as the Broncos look to take command in the AFC West.
9. New York Giants -- A week off to dwell on yet another puzzling midyear slump for the defending champs.
11. Seattle Seahawks -- They can beat anyone at home, and lose to anyone on the road.
12. Indianapolis Colts -- The growing bond between Luck and Wayne is leaving opponents shaken and stirred.
13. New Orleans Saints -- It's hard to imagine a defense this soft still playing in January.
16. Cincinnati Bengals -- Little margin for error the rest of the way, despite trouncing the Giants.
17. Dallas Cowboys -- Jason Garrett lives for another day, but Jerry Jones' clock is ticking.
20. Arizona Cardinals -- Breaking bad: they get the privilege of facing the Falcons on the rebound.
22. Miami Dolphins -- That debacle against the Titans was both surprising and unacceptable.
23. St. Louis Rams -- A very good showing at San Francisco could spark a November run.
24. Washington Redskins -- A month ago, these guys looked like playoff contenders. Not anymore.
26. Philadelphia Eagles -- In two months, there won't be enough brooms for this housecleaning.
27. New York Jets -- With each loss, Rex Ryan seems to shrink in front of that podium.
28. Cleveland Browns -- Life with the Browns another football season, another high draft pick.
29. Carolina Panthers -- The special teams coach just got axed. Pretty soon, they're going to run out of people to fire.
30. Oakland Raiders -- This is the worst defense in the NFL right now -- accept no substitutes.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars -- You can cover up seats, but you can't hide an offense this drab.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index