AP Pro32 ballot from Pompei
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Dan Pompei of Chicago Tribune:
DAN POMPEI (Chicago Tribune)
1. Houston Texans -- We will find out all we need to know about this team when they visit New England on Monday.
3. New England Patriots -- They have won six straight and already clinched the AFC East. Can they stay on this tear through February?
4. Atlanta Falcons -- They may be the least respected 11-1 team in history. Can anybody figure out why that is?
5. Baltimore Ravens -- After a tough loss, it doesn't get easier from here: at the Redskins, Broncos and Giants at home, and at the Bengals.
9. Cincinnati Bengals -- They have won three in a row by an average of 21 points per game.
11. Chicago Bears -- They have lost three of four and are looking worn out, but still should win 10 or 11 games.
12. Washington Redskins -- Perhaps they will start a new trend, and most every team will be running the triple option fumble.
13. New York Giants -- Someone better tell them this is not 2011 and they can't wait until the last two weeks of the season to turn it on.
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- They probably would love to have someone dive at their knees during a couple of late game kneel downs.
17. Minnesota Vikings -- They may be wasting one of the all-time great seasons by a running back.
18. St. Louis Rams -- If they could play the 49ers every week, the Rams would be one of the best teams in the NFL.
19. New Orleans Saints -- They came up awfully small in two of their biggest games of the season the last two weeks.
22. Buffalo Bills -- They rediscovered the running game after the horse ran out of the barn.
24. Cleveland Browns -- The Browns have won two in a row and could make it three straight against K.C. Maybe the Mayans were right about the world ending this month.
25. San Diego Chargers -- Anyone who weighs 300 pounds or more, please contact A.J. Smith for an offensive line tryout.
27. Tennessee Titans -- OK, so maybe it wasn't all Chris Palmer's fault.
28. Oakland Raiders -- Have they begun packing up the U-hauls yet?
29. Carolina Panthers -- The Panthers are going to go really young the rest of the season. They should save on razors this way.
30. Philadelphia Eagles -- Jim Washburn probably never dreamed getting fired would feel so good.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Their fans are more excited about seeing the Jets' backup quarterback Sunday than anyone on their own team.
32. Kansas City Chiefs -- Emotion can carry this team only so far. They will have to earn their next victory.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- McCown has 5 TDs as Bears bully Cowboys
- Trestman: Cutler remains Bears' starter
- Shanahan mulls sitting RG III for rest of '13
- Gronk on IR; torn ACL, MCL, source says