AP Pro32 ballot from Lynch
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter John Lynch of Fox Sports:
JOHN LYNCH (Fox Sports)
1. Houston Texans -- What a showdown coming with the Patriots coming on Monday night.
3. New England Patriots -- What a showdown coming with the Texans on Monday night.
4. Denver Broncos -- The Broncos lost to the three teams I have in front of them right now, but are a much better team now and I would like their chances versus all of them.
5. San Francisco 49ers -- A bold move by Harbaugh to stick with Kaepernick at QB backfired against the Rams.
6. Green Bay Packers -- Health may be the only thing holding the Pack back. Good news: Greg Jennings is back and Charles Woodson and Clay Matthews appear close to coming back. Bad news: WR Jordy Nelson is now out with a hamstring injury.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers -- I moved them to the No. 7 spot with the anticipation of Big Ben coming back. With he and Polamalu back, this team is battle tested in meaningful games and tough to beat.
9. New York Giants -- The Giants have been very inconsistent and to me it starts up front on both sides of the ball. This D-line that has been so feared and integral to their success and championships in recent years needs to start dominating!
10. Chicago Bears -- The Bears are now banged up on D. This team is built to succeed at this time of year and needs to get healthy to make their run.
12. Seattle Seahawks -- I'm more impressed with this team and their rookie QB each week. Beating the Bears at Chicago is a big step for them as they had been rock solid at home but struggled on the road. The possible looming suspensions of their CB tandem would devastate this Defense and team.
13. Cincinnati Bengals -- The Bengals are stacking W's and proving to be tough competition.
14. Washington Redskins -- The 'Skins are back in the hunt after an impressive W on Monday night against the Giants. Mike Shanahan and his staff are coaching their hearts out. On offense they are maxing out RG3's vast skill and on D they are doing a lot with a little.
16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- The Bucs gave the Broncos all they could handle in the first half. In the second half, Peyton Manning and Von Miller proved to be too much for the Bucs. Schiano can coach and has this team prepared and ready to compete every week.
17. New Orleans Saints -- The Saints just lost to the Falcons and now they travel to the Giants to face a ticked off Giants team.
19. St. Louis Rams -- Jeff Fisher has done a masterful job with this team!
20. Miami Dolphins -- The Dolphins had a tough draw facing the Patriots.
22. Detroit Lions -- Underachieving in Detroit! This team is very talented. Talent alone doesn't win you games.
23. San Diego Chargers -- Another fourth-quarter lead for the Chargers and another blown fourth quarter lead for the Chargers. Their inability to finish will likely lead to a very different Chargers team next season.
24. Cleveland Browns -- The Browns have won two in a row. That's right, the Browns have won two in a row.
25. New York Jets -- Joe Namath may line up at QB for the Jets this week. Jets fan could only wish.
26. Tennessee Titans -- Clearly not ready to compete with the Texans.
27. Carolina Panthers -- Tough game for anyone to have to play in at KC.
28. Arizona Cardinals -- Ugly!
29. Philadelphia Eagles -- The Eagles youth showed up on offense but their defense continued to play awful football at Dallas.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars -- A step backward as the Jags fell to the Bills.
31. Kansas City Chiefs -- God bless them all.
32. Oakland Raiders -- The Raiders turnaround has a long way to go ... condolences to Dennis Allen and his family as they mourn the loss of his father.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing