AP Pro32 ballot from Gannon
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Rich Gannon of CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio:
RICH GANNON (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio)
1. Houston Texans -- Will be tough to beat in the playoffs if they secure home-field advantage throughout.
2. Atlanta Falcons -- All they do is win despite the criticism about their inability to win in the postseason, as if that matters now.
3. Denver Broncos -- A top 3 defense and a QB who's having an MVP-type season -- not a bad combination.
4. New England Patriots -- Still don't trust the defense, but they do have Brady and the No. 1 offense that's averaging 36 ppg.
5. Green Bay Packers -- Need to get the horses back on defense and they have to protect Rodgers better (sacked 39 times already).
6. San Francisco 49ers -- Very curious to see if the QB situation becomes a problem for this team down the stretch.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Huge win without Big Ben on the road against the Ravens. Steelers have the better team right now.
8. Baltimore Ravens -- Need to eliminate the inconsistent performances on both sides of the ball that seem to creep up each week.
9. Chicago Bears -- Despite loss to Seahawks, I believe the Bears still make the postseason.
11. Indianapolis Colts -- They have won seven of their last nine games since head coach Chuck Pagano was diagnosed with leukemia.
13. New York Giants -- Tough loss last night, but Eli will find a way to get it done in December.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- After two straight loses to playoff bound teams (Atlanta, Denver),they have an upfield battle to make the postseason.
15. Washington Redskins -- At 6-6 they are in position to make a run especially with what's remaining on the schedule.
16. New Orleans Saints -- Too little, too late for the 5-7 Saints.
19. Miami Dolphins -- Have lost four of their last five because they haven't been a good finishing team.
20. Detroit Lions -- Fading fast ... what more can I say?
21. San Diego Chargers -- Rivers is not the same player (11 fourth-quarter turnovers/most in NFL) and Norv and AJ are done.
23. Cleveland Browns -- Have a real chance to make it three in a row this week against KC for the first time in a long while.
24. Buffalo Bills -- They are 5-7 for a reason, not good enough in any one area.
25. St. Louis Rams -- Undefeated in the division ... really ... I'm not making that up (4-0-1).
26. Carolina Panthers -- Regardless of how they finish the last four weeks, don't believe it will be enough to save Rivera.
27. Tennessee Titans -- Apparently the change from offensive coordinator Chris Palmer to Dowell Loggains wasn't enough to get them over the hump against the Texans.
28. Philadelphia Eagles -- Switch from Vick to Foles at QB says it all ... the rebuilding has already begun.
29. Arizona Cardinals -- The QB situation is an absolute disgrace, honestly!
30. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Henne has the next four weeks to show that he should remain the starter next year.
31. Kansas City Chiefs -- Don't know how they played let alone won after the tragedy that took place over the weekend.
32. Oakland Raiders -- They simply are a really bad team right now and as a former Raider, it pains me to say that.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chargers FG caps 2nd-half rally over 49ers
- Eagles' playoff chances hurt as Redskins win
- Big-play Jackson questions 'naive' Eagles D
- Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015