Jaguars waive concussion-plagued LB Clint Session
The team also waived tight end Maurice Stovall and signed fullback Will Ta'ofu'ou to the practice squad.
Session sustained three concussions last season and had been on the physically unable to perform list. He said in July it was "probably too late" to avoid long-term effects associated with head trauma.
Session had his first concussion in the preseason and two more against Cleveland on Nov. 20. He stayed in the game after the first one against the Browns and didn't tell team doctors. He was placed on injured reserve two days later.
He signed a five-year contract in July 2011 worth $30 million. The deal included $11.5 million guaranteed.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Reports: D-Jax owes Rosenhaus over $500K
- Sharper's attorneys to question Ariz. evidence
- Sources: Jets, ex-Titans RB Johnson agree
- Peyton ready to move on from Super Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Salute to Service Game Jersey Jacksonville Jaguars Maurice Jones-Drew #32