Chiefs elevate WR Bellamy to 53-man roster
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Chiefs have released offensive lineman Hayworth Hicks and elevated wide receiver Josh Bellamy from the practice squad to the 53-man roster for Sunday's game at Cleveland.
Bellamy joined the Chiefs as an undrafted free agent in April and has been a member of the practice squad all season. He played in 26 games in two seasons at Louisville, where he caught 53 passes for 681 yards.
Hicks was claimed off waivers by the Chiefs on Nov. 29 when there were a number of injuries to their offensive line. He was inactive for last Sunday's win over Carolina, which snapped Kansas City's eight-game skid.
Hicks has also spent time with the Colts and Jets this season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Source: Jags to meet with Bridgewater again
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Youth Indianapolis Colts Andrew Luck Blue T-Shirt