Josh Brown kicks for Bengals vs Cowboys
Nugent hurt his right calf during practice on Wednesday. He was inactive on Sunday against Dallas, opening the way for Brown -- signed during the week -- to take his place.
Rookie Trevor Robinson starts at center for the Bengals, with Kyle Cook in a backup role. Cook was activated off the injured reserve list on Saturday. He hurt his right ankle in the final preseason game but has recovered enough to play.
Sean Lissemore starts at nose tackle for the Cowboys, who were playing one day after defensive lineman Josh Brent was charged with intoxication manslaughter for a traffic accident that killed teammate Jerry Brown.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- 5th & Ocean Women's Cincinnati Bengals Script Orange Long Sleeve Shirt