Charles, Bowe injured for Chiefs
Charles, who scored on an 80-yard run on the first play from scrimmage, got hurt on a 15-yard run in the second quarter. He got up and tugged at the bottom of his shoulder pads. He went to the sideline and was checked by doctors and trainers. He sat out one offensive series before returning with 4 minutes left in the first half.
On Saturday, Charles attended the funeral of Kasandra Perkins, who was fatally shot last week by Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher, who then took his life.
Bowe went to the locker room with a rib injury at the end of the first quarter. Earlier, he had a 47-yard reception. At the start of the second half, the team said Bowe would not return.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Dwayne Bowe #82